At a glance
Discover the entrepreneurial leader inside of you! Filled with insights into the theory and practice of entrepreneurship and new venture creation, this course will prove that entrepreneurs are made, not born.
Entrepreneurship is a way of thinking, reasoning and acting that is opportunity obsessed and holistic in approach. It is first and foremost a process that has an intention to create, enhance, realise, and renew value, not just for owners, but for all participants and stakeholders in either a new or existing organization.
Click to View Transcript
[MUSIC PLAYING] FREDRIK HACKLIN: Hi, I'm Fredrik, Professor of Entrepreneurship and I'm on location in Zurich to shoot some video material for my Entrepreneurship course.
In this course, we will take you through a journey of what we call the entrepreneurial process, starting from an idea and bringing it to life on the market. We will showcase a variety of examples of success stories, challenges, and strategies, and ask real entrepreneurs to share some tips and tricks at their respective stages of building new ventures.
Approach to learning
To demystify entrepreneurship and to demonstrate that many of the skills and competences required to launch and grow a successful business can be learned and practised.
“The Online MBA equips the entrepreneurial leaders of tomorrow with the essential mindset, the critical skills and knowledge in action that it takes to successfully lead for change in a world of ever-increasing pace.”
Fredrik Hackiln, lead on the Entrepreneurship course.
During this Entrepreneurship course you will examine:
- The essence of entrepreneurship
- The opportunity space
- Entrepreneurial business models
- Understanding the customer
- Understanding competitive dynamics
- The anatomy of a pitch and how to sell your story
- Launching a new venture: seeking sources of capital, communicating and pitching, creating a roadmap, setting up venture teams and start-up failure
- Create a new venture proposal and business plan
Knowledge into action
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the essence of entrepreneurship
- Explore and identify new venture opportunities in a more systematic way
- Understand the importance of a business model for new venture creation
- Evaluate the viability of a new venture idea
- Understand how to finance a new venture
- Develop and pitch a business case for a new venture
- Understand the challenges of scaling a business internationally
- Understand the key ingredients of a successful entrepreneurial ecosystem